Saturday, January 26, 2013

Attraction Goes Past the Skin

It does not matter how a person looks. I had 'my type' determined to my lustful perfection. I tended to close my eyes to the colorful personalities that were interested in me because they did not fit my dream. Some would call that shallow. I would call that "expecting too much, and always coming up short to happiness". I have learned that having set expectations only leads to hurt, occasionally heart-break. Of course, I am not saying to settle in a relationship that makes you unhappy. I am simply saying that physical characteristics can only get you so far. The personality and the way somebody treats you, will lead through a lifetime. The looks will fade, so that is why communication is my number one priority in a relationship. Our communication will help us love each other deeper and be able to accomplish bigger dreams [together] in life. I know I want my best-friend as my life-partner. My best-friend will be the person I can laugh with, cry with, cuddle up in silence, have intellectual conversations with, talk about my/our problems with and most importantly love with all of my heart, mind and soul. Some call me a hopeless romantic and I am completely okay with that. Never close your eyes to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment