Friday, June 12, 2009

Baseball Happiness

It was a sunny Thursday and it was a perfect day for a baseball game. Every time the clouds moved and the sun could shine through, then I could finally feel the warmth that I have been craving. Once the clouds moved and the sun hid, then my arms filled up with goosebumps. At the games, I saw my friends whom I haven't seen in so long; the ones that have grown up from high school and finally ready to be my friend again. Barry is a big sports man; he loves everything about baseball and honestly, baseball is apart of him. So I decided I'd tag along to the games. Once we get in public, he's kind of silent, more into watching the game than anything. But this time, he never forgot that I was sitting right next to him. He would look at me and smile, talk to me about random things going on. Those simple things put a smile on my freckled face. We arrived at 12:30 and stayed until 10 p.m. My skin that was revealed to the sun burned and had a tingly feeling. My eyes randomly closed from the tiredness I felt. My ass was now the shape of the chairs/bleachers that we were sitting on. By the last game, Fergus Falls and Orono, it began getting colder out. I already had a blanket around me as I watched, but I glanced over to spot Barry's arms curled up beside his body; I knew he was cold. Since he's a baseball lover, I knew he'd suffer through the cold to stay. So I unwrapped the blanket from around me and cuddled in. On the outside, I was completely normal, but on the inside, I was the happiest girl in the world. I am completely proud of him, so cuddling in and placing my head on his shoulder as we held hands underneath the blanket, I felt so secure and so safe. I felt so proud. Later, we then left the game and held hands, while we laughed all the way to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment